Timing and pan frying chicken

So I’m not new to cooking, I’m the main cook for my family and can usually navigate any recipe. My problem is with any recipe that calls for cooking chicken in a pan (usually whole breasts not cut up breasts.) The timing on cooking is nowhere near what the recipes call for. Usually I’d say it’s the recipe but this happens all the time. Last night I cooked chicken piccata and it said the flatten the breasts (done) and the cook time was 2-3 minutes a side. But it was more like 12 a side before it was the proper temperature. Am I not making them thin enough? This even happens with thin cut breasts. Throws my timing off, last night I had to toss 2 of the beasts on the grill.

Gas stove if that helps.

submitted by /u/sonofalink
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/51t8zkR

Comments