Can I make something like pernil with this small amount of pork shoulder?

Hi y’all,

So I got this pack of pork picnic, says half picnic on the label. I’ll attach pictures in an edit.

Basically I want to make something like pernil with this, but don’t know if it’s feasible. It’s a weird shape so it would have to stand up in the oven so not even sure how to get that done, but also don’t know if it’s feasible because of how thin it is compared to like a whole pork shoulder.

Basically I’m just looking for a way to get this to taste like pernil while staying tender and have a crispy skin on top and don’t know if I can easily adapt traditional pernil methods towards it or how I should do it.

I should mention I have an instant pot so options are there too, but definitely want to have a crispy crackly skin like real pernil with this if possible! Thanks!

Photos

submitted by /u/SpencerNewton
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Rb0tfiB

Comments