Help - How to season carbon steel pans in a tiny apartment.

Hey guys, I’m a culinary student and my dad (retired chef) sent me some amazing artisan carbon steel pans for Xmas. I’m thrilled but the problem is I can’t use them yet.

My building has an intense smoke alarm system and I can’t cook anything above 400o without setting it off, so I’m not sure how I can properly season them. I only have one window that opens and it’s not very effective as a means of ventilation, even with multiple fans pointed at it.

Is there any other way to season the carbon? I have access to a bbq, which I’ve considered trying, but only for limited timeframes, so that doesn’t really seem like a viable option.

Any ideas are appreciated. Happy new year!

submitted by /u/Te_Quiero_Puta
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/357yl5R

Comments