Do I really need espresso salt or can I just use coarse sea salt?

I've found a recipe for Parmesan crusted steak that I really want to try, since it doesn't demand that I use a high-price cut like filet mignon (I love to cook and experiment, but I'm limited in my options). However, it calls for espresso salt. I have coarse salt, but I'm out of all coffee besides fine-ground Turkish, and honestly, I'm extremely caffeine-sensitive (like "Can't have a single glass of iced tea past 11:00 AM or I will be up all night" sensitive) and am wary of using anything that calls for espresso.

I don't want to lose out on the flavor, but would I be sacrificing much if I substituted plain coarse sea salt for the espresso salt? Or, could I use the Turkish coffee to create the espresso salt and not worry too badly about it keeping me awake?

submitted by /u/ComplicatedSpirit
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge http://bit.ly/2Xac7Nk

Comments