Is a grilled cheese the same as a halloumi burger?

I know this may sound like a weird question but I'm in a debate with my friend who says that a halloumi burger is essentially the same as a grilled cheese because its two pieces of bread around *a cheese. I argued that it halloumi cheese doesn't melt the same as a grilled cheese would and he said that chemically some part of the cheese would melt, and the amount of melting needed for it to be a grilled cheese is undefined. I also said that beacuse a halloumi burger uses burger buns and not bread it isn't the same as a grilled cheese and halloumi is fried not grilled. So would a grilled cheese be considered the same as a halloumi burger?

submitted by /u/Apart_Literature_936
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/VX2K1ep

Comments