Can I make Potato flour from homemade chips?

I've been looking into wheat alternatives and came across potato flour. Rather than buy it, I figured I would just make it from potatoes. Goal is to make bread (for sanwiches, cake, etc.) Everything I've seen says to dehydrate it, but I don't have a dehydrator. I saw some posts showing how to use the oven as a dehydrator; basically cutting it really thin (like chips) and baking it for 5 hours, then crushing into flour. So it occured to me, if I'm turning a potato into thin chips, then crushing those chips up to make flour, why can't I just make chips via frying in oil, and then crush those up for flour? I couldn't find anything about turning chips into flour online though. Is it because of the oil that those chips cannot be turned into flour? Does it have something to do with starch? Help please, and thank you!

submitted by /u/OwlMind24
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/WKfCaPk

Comments