My Fridge died - how should I freeze stuff?

Hi, hoping you guys can help - my Fridge just died today, and I have lots of stuff that I need some help with how I should freeze it to preserve texture and taste as much as possible.

Meat & Cheese I already put in the freezer, Milk and cream I know I'll have to toss out sadly. Eggs should be fine I guess. Anything that's paste-like (e.g. green thai curry paste) I put in the freezer, sauces like mirin, soy sauce and cooking wines I'm assuming would stay good for a few days without refrigeration.

I have in my fridge:
- eggplants
- zucchini
- Bell pepper
- Bok Choi
- Mushrooms

I'm assuming that bok choi is horrible when frozen, so I'll try to eat that quickly. Would you suggest I blanch the other veggies before freezing? Or would it be best to just freeze them and plan making something like a soup, where texture doesn't matter?

Also I have no clue how mushrooms behave in the freezer?

Thanks for all the help in advance :)

submitted by /u/Bm0515
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/zPat9OR

Comments