Knife sharpening options besides using wetstone…

I’m sort of lost when it comes to knife sharpening.

I tried using a wetstone several times. Ive followed tutorials online, and will go at it for 30 min on a single knife, and it doesnt get noticeably sharper. Clearly im doing something wrong, but i dont know who to learn from.. theres no wetstone classes being advertised near me..

Ive tried using one of those 3-stage home knife sharpeners and also a honing blade. That helps a little, but nowhere near what it should be.

And as far as getting it professionally done, everywhere thats advertised seems to only do machine sharpening, which im told is terrible for the knife. I cant find any wetstone sharperning services. I live in miami btw.

Feel like im running out of options. My good knives are not enjoyable to cook with anymore. Need suggestions.

submitted by /u/AangLanister
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/eCTi4XE

Comments