Hot holding chicken

Hi,

I am hosting an event where I’m serving mac & cheese with various toppings.

The cheese sauce I will hold in a soup kettle and combine with cooked pasta just before serving - not too concerned about this but welcome any comment.

One of the toppings is teriyaki chicken. This one I am concerned about. In an ideal world I would cook these from raw to order, but I will be cooking by myself so this will be too time consuming as I will dishing up other things and I will spend half the time washing my hands.

Service is 4 hours.

How would you do this without the chicken drying out? I’m thinking to bake the breasts whole, keep them above temperature somehow (chafing dish?) and then dice and finish in a pan combined with the sauce. Is there a better way? This could be done in 2 batches.

Thanks so much in advance for your advice.

submitted by /u/Icy_Shape_307
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Kl5tJdv

Comments