Dry pizza dough no matter what recipe I follow

I see these great looking recipes where the pizza dough is airy and perfect. When they make the dough it's smooth and moist looking. No matter what I do I end up with super dry dough I can barely knead.

I thought maybe it's the humidity/moisture in my house or in the flour so I got a scale to measure by weight thinking that would fix it, but nope. The uncooked dough ends up dry as a bone.

In this scenario should I just add more moisture until it looks like the ones in the recipe videos I'm watching....? Or just trust the process? And if i do add more moisture do I need to readjust the other ingredients?

As a bonus, if you've got a solid recipe for that real nice pizzeria bubbly crust dough I would love it. (I have a wood fired pizza oven but also sometimes do cast iron in the oven.)

Thanks!!

submitted by /u/apley
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/x0XoIz1

Comments