Reducing then reconstituting stock/bone broth

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone know if the nutritional values of chicken stock changes having been reduced from 32 ounces to 8 ounces. When I reconstitute it, will the protein be the same or will I have lost some in the simmer? I let it cook down in my instant pot, half covered on low slow cook setting. It was hot enough to steam and reduce, but wasn't boiling or even simmering.

My recipe is one chicken carcass from a previously roasted chicken with a few extra wings with tips or chicken feet, an onion, a head of garlic, a few celery stalks, a couple carrots, whatever other veggies scraps I have, herbs and a bay leaf, whatever I'm feeling otherwise for seasoning, salt and peppercorns, and a lemon or lime. I sometimes pressure cook it for 2 hours, or slow cook it over-night. I generally end up with a very thick, but not completely gelatinous broth. I usually dilute it some before drinking as it's very thick.

I do have to say that the flavor of the broth after being reduced and reconstituted, definitely improved. It had a deeper richness to it.

submitted by /u/OldLadyinTraining68
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/wWzVPHa

Comments