What Are These Pastries Called?

Hi. I remember when I was young we were often driven up to New Haven CT to visit grandma and grandpa. On the way there or back we usually stopped at a Italian Bakery somewhat out of the way to get pine nut cookies and some other treats. I can't remember what they were called but here is a description. They were the size of small tarts but they were thicker and taller with a cap so you couldn't see the filling from a birds eye view. They had different fillings and were soft when eaten but didn't fall apart. One had almond paste and the other had what I think is a similar filling to a cannoli. The outside part was some buttery flaky goodness. What are these called?! I can't seem to find them with the search term "Almond paste pastry" I always get some cookies or something.

submitted by /u/JohnVonBun
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/0OL8WAX

Comments