Roasted Chicken Stock for Gumbo?

Hey y’all I’ve been really trying to up my stock game so lately I’ve been making a lot of roasted stocks where I roast the meat/bones with tomato paste/purée and onions before using them in the stock. These stocks turn out kind of a mahogany color with a super rich umami taste and the tomato is noticeable in the background.

Recently I’ve made a roasted chicken stock this way for the first time and it tastes a lot different than a regular chicken stock that is just chicken boiled with water and aromatics.

I’ve always made gumbo with a regular chicken stock. My question is would the roasted stock with the tomato purée be ok to use in a gumbo? Does anyone do this? I don’t want it to be weird. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/iliketoowalk
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/uWpcGad

Comments