Prep ahead French Onion soup

I frequently cook for a game night I host and due to the nature of the game and my role in running it, I need recipes that I mostly prep a day ahead then can either quickly finish (searing sous vide) or pop in the oven to cook unattended when its close to our dinner break.

I am planning on making french onion soup and a french bistro salad for our next session. I haven’t split the preparation for this recipe into two days before. Preparing it fully then reheating is never quite as good.

I’m thinking that the best way to accomplish this is to caramelize the onions, add herbs, add wine, simmer down then refrigerate until the next day. Once we are close to dinner, I would add the broth and finish making the soup (while broiling the cheese topped croutons to top each bowl).

Is this the best method? Are there any food safety issues with this method? If it is not best or safe, what would you recommend instead?

submitted by /u/Accomplished_Fee9023
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/R2MoBNg

Comments