Keeping a sauce from "splitting" for pressure cooked pork?

I have a recipe which I sort of improvised for pressure cooking pork shoulder with a guajillo/ancho/arbol salsa that i make with canned tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a blender. Now, I understand I'm gonna get a fair amount of fat during the cooking process but the last couple of times have been quite greasy and produce the effect of a split sauce. I recall exactly one time I was able to cook it without it producing this effect and it was fantastic, but I'm not certain how I achieved that, as I don't write things down. Is there some way to avoid this? Ideally without having to remove all the meat after cooking, but if this is the only way, then I will.

submitted by /u/OsmiumTrioxide
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/efw1Emr

Comments