Help with dry caramel at larger scale

I'm trying to make a dry caramel at a slightly larger scale. I can usually get about a kilogram going before I feel like I'm having trouble keeping it consistent. I'm hoping to get about 5kg of sugar caramelized at a time. I'm not adding anything to it until it cools, just pouring it out and powdering it.

It seems like there are machines that would do this, but anything that I've found is out of my budget.

I did a bit of looking around, and it looks like a more consistent heat would help (we have a gas range), so I may try an induction burner or something to diffuse the heat more evenly, but other than that is there something that might help?

Thanks so much

submitted by /u/dickensoncocktails
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/M2ef5Y3

Comments