Has anyone heard of the Michelangelo brand for cookware (Dutch Oven)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me find out more about this. I bought this Dutch oven from Amazon (UK) some years ago that was from a German brand called Michelangelo. (Cast iron, lead-free, nice enough if not the best quality.)

Well, I was considering buying another and ended up looking more into the brand and realised that while they claim to be German I could find absolutely nothing when searching for the brand in German. All listings seem to be from Amazon (for the Dutch oven at least) and the social media pages are all in English. Additionally, when you go on the Michelangelo storefront on Amazon and click on the 'More' tab in the menu, the pop-up window will say 'Go back' above other options, but also include 2 Chinese characters (I presume, I don't actually know what language they are so I don't mean any disrespect!)

The pot itself comes with a little leaflet that talks about the brand in the way all brands like to talk about themselves if they've been established through longstanding tradition. There is nothing to make me think it might not be German apart from the fact that it doesn't seem to really exist in Germany.

It's not so much about whether or not the pot is German, it's the concern that maybe the listing included a rather elaborate lie which would make me a bit worried about the true materials of the pot. I bought it because I wanted non-toxic cookware and I would really like to have certainty about that.

Do any of you know anything about this or know how I could find out more?

If I should be posting this somewhere else please point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any advice and I don't mean to be paranoid about this. I just don't trust Amazon all that much.

Take care :)

submitted by /u/could_be_ghosts
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Ov0MKP6

Comments