Braising without Red Meat?

Hello! My old nonstick skillet died, and I was looking to upgrade and replace it with a stainless steel saute pan to open some new doors for what I can make. I'd love to get into braising foods, but most of the recipes I see around are for your typical short ribs, beef stews, and so on, but we don't eat a lot of red meat in our house. We eat tons of fish, shrimp, tofu, veggies, and chicken (we have an abundance of boneless thighs in the freezer that we'll need to go through). If it matters, I mainly cook on a cast iron skillet and a carbon steel wok, and I grill and roast a bunch.

With that said, what are some non-red meat recipes I could use with it? I'm talking meals; I get that braising vegetables is great and look forward to it. Any help is appreciated, as well as any general tips for a saute pan before I jump in!

submitted by /u/Camp_OS
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/NHJ38Az

Comments