Should I Steam or Boil Cauliflower before mixing it with a cheese sauce and baking it?

Ive never cooked with cauliflower before and I have zero experience making casseroles. More of a Chinese stir fry/tacos type of cook.

But I want to make a cheesy cauliflower bake because its cheap and easier and will be a more regular way for me to get more fiber in my diet.

Im hearing mixed things from friends and the internet recipes I find but if I just put raw cauliflower in the oven (with cheese sauce, onions, bacon, maybe jalapenos or whatever) isn't it going to come out kinda too hard and crunchy to be enjoyable in a casserole?

I was going to boil it but it sounds like steaming is better. Dont have a steamer but the 3 aluminum balls in a skillet to balance a heatproof plate with an inch of water method seems easy and accessible. Likely salt and pepper and maybe drizzle with olive oil before it steams and I guess be sure not to oversteam it cuz I dont want it to be too mushy either?

Idk any advice on the matter appreciated.

submitted by /u/hypes11
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/oOYnf32

Comments