My improvements to chicken noodle soup need help

I'm trying to make a hearty seasoned flavorful chicken noodle soup. I'm kind of doing everything by the book with one exception and that is I'm roasting my chicken bones and meat (using exclusively Dark Meat and bones from thighs) with tomato paste before I use them for stock. In it I also add leeks, onions, carrots, celery, peppercorns, and poultry blend spices.

It comes out amazing just as a stock. And with salt I get the flavor I kind of want. That said it doesn't have dill and I don't know if I should add it because I see it often. Anyways my trouble comes with adding the actual soup ingredients

I like to saute onions in butter, boil celery quickly to soften then add in with the onions & butter, roast cabbage and carrots, boil egg noodles seprately and then when I'm done with all the individual ingredients I shove it together in the stock and make the soup. I salt and season every ingredient separately

After I was all was said and done I turn the heat up on the newly made soup till a boil and then immediately turned off. Then I waited for it cool down, and salted the soup accordingly. But I somehow lost the magic between the stock and the soup.

Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/MetalTango
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/s7DmuGv

Comments