Boyfriend grabbed a partially cooked smoked pork shoulder instead of uncooked for our Xmas Pernil.

He’s reliably been on pork shoulder pickup duty for years now, so I never bothered to check, but now I see that he’s picked up a partially cooked smoked pork shoulder instead of uncooked!

Normally I cook my pork shoulder at 250 degrees, 45 minutes per pound. That leaves me with delicious pork falling off the bone. What do I even do with this thing?! It says to heat to 160 and serve. I’m at a total loss and confused about what I should do with thing. Can I even marinate & jab with garlic as I normally would and turn it into pernil?

Any help/advice to save my Xmas dinner would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/RazorbladeApple
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/NVHp0G5

Comments