Vegetable Stock Question

Im planning on making a large batch of vegetable stock prior to thanksgiving, but I have a question on seasoning. If my goal is to make something that is a 1:1 swap with commercially available stock I feel as if I should season it, otherwise recipes used in the past (some older family ones) will have their seasoning offset and taste bland... This wouldn't be a problem for most but one that might be an issue is the stuffing (not cooked in the bird) as seasoning it after the fact would be a challenge. Thinking about the best way to do it as reduction is not an exact science in the kitchen. I should roast my vegetables , boil and reduce them in the stockpot, then season based on a % of the weight of the final product.

I know the best practice is "Season to taste" but my worry is over seasoning to something that tastes good, but is too salty when comparing it to a commercial product.

submitted by /u/ColHannibal
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/tDvZTfU

Comments