Salt control for Marinade (HELP)

Hey. So yesterday I made Filipino chicken Adobo. But I used half Soy half Thai fish sauce and it was a little to salty. I fixed it with a potato cut into 4 to take some of that salt out. I put it directly into the bowl with chicken so I was scared to taste it with raw chicken in the liquid so I wasn't able to taste it and correct it. So here's where my question is.

My question is, when making a marinade, for anything not just the chicken Adobo but any marinade, how salty should it be?

So it be like Japanese Ramen tare where it should be so salty you physically make a face

Or like making pasta, where you make it slightly less salty as the sea?

Or something in-between or way less.

I learned that the difference between good and great food is salt control so I'm trying to get that down but I either make it perfect or add to much salt now.

submitted by /u/MrHappyKitty
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/AKkXRWZ

Comments