What's the opposite of fluffy pancakes?

My teenage daughter is exhausting. I have no one to blame but myself, as I'm the dumbass who raised a princess, but still.

She loves going out for breakfast. She loves pancakes. But not just any pancakes. Oh, no. She doesn't like the fluffy, cake-like texture of most restaurant pancakes. She likes them denser. Like a thick-ass crepe.

I can make them at home just fine, usually by substituting half the flour with oat flour. But she wants them at a restaurant. If I could find buckwheat pancakes anywhere, that would give her the texture, but I seriously doubt she'd like the taste.

So, my main question is: WHAT WORDS CAN I USE to describe this style of pancakes? And, as a secondary question, is there a restaurant chain with locations in Ohio or West Virginia that sells pancakes like this?

submitted by /u/Wall_of_Shadows
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/UH4o38X

Comments