Should I use blackberry hard cider for my pork dish?

Husband and I went to the farmers market today and got a really nice (but extremely expensive) cut of pork shoulder. I was planning on making Chef John's Cider-braised Pork with it, a recipe that I've made several times before and love.

Husband then went to the supermarket to get additional items. I gave him a list which included hard cider - dry on it. He just came back and showed me he got blackberry flavored hard cider, and insists it'll taste good. I checked the ingredients, and it looks like the flavor comes from a concentrate that includes blackberries, grapes, and apples. So it's not artificially flavored, but I'm not sure if I want to take gamble on a shoulder roast that cost twice as much as it would have in the supermarket. And if I open one of the cans to taste it, I won't be able to return it to the supermarket.

Thoughts? Will it taste good?

submitted by /u/salarcon525
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/a2fSv1G

Comments