Is there a way for me to keep this sauce together?

I don't have a recipe exactly so I apologize for that, but I do have a vision for what I want to make, and a (semi) failed attempt under my belt. I don't necessarily know what I'm doing here.

Basically I want to make a sauce with brown butter, caramelized onions, and a bit of miso. I tried it with just the butter + onions, blended it up, and of course it separated horribly when it was hot. Turned into a lovely compound butter cold, but that's not what I was after. It tasted good on veggies and the people who tried it liked it, but it looked absolutely awful I would not want to serve it like that again!

I have done some research and found similar sauces, mostly on pastas, and I am assuming the pasta water does the lifting in those. My hope is making this something a bit more versatile, where the sauce could exist on it's own. I'd love for it to be able to coat things, like I am dreaming of tossing chicken wings in it or something.

My thoughts on potential solutions so far are as follows:

  1. I could try adding pasta water but NOT adding pasta (or some equivalent)
  2. I could add another liquid and try to emulsify it, and have the onion paste just kinda suspended in it
  3. I could serve it at a lower temperature
  4. there are other, better ways to fix this sauce and I do not know them

So my question: what is the best course of action here, and can this sauce work? If those other, better ways exist, and if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you, and sorry if this is a silly question!

submitted by /u/Illustrious_Peak7985
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/A7LM9xa

Comments