I am a slow chef

Hello chefs of Reddit! I have turned to this platform because I need help. For the last 3 years I have been studying as a chef and i won't get into much detail about where I've worked but it's nothing great(mostly just peeling potatoes and making salads). I am a good cook, I can do(and cook) what I'm told, add some of my own elements to a meal or f it even make my own menu but that's not the point.

The point is I'm slow when it comes to making orders. Sometimes I get lost in my thoughts because I'm thinking of too much or I just get stressed out and start doing a million things at once. But it's something I would very much like to change but I don't know how. Are there any drills I can practice at home that could help me speed myself up and not make me lose my train of thought when it comes to making orders?

TLDR- I suck at making orders quickly and need help with my speed

submitted by /u/Ja4ko
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/DJ4E1CI

Comments