Anyone know the name of the small brown bugs that live in my herbs and spices?

I can’t post a photo or link but you can check out my post in r/whatisthisbug to see what they look like. For context I am in New Zealand.

These bugs are brown, smaller than ants and shaped like a beetle. They are always trying to get into my herbs and spices and other powders like cornstarch and baking soda. They must not have a long lifespan as often I find them dead already.

A couple of months ago I did a big clean of all of my herbs and spices to get rid of them, and I thought I found the root of the cause - a curry powder that contained lots of them. But there must have still been some as they haven’t gone away.

submitted by /u/newcommitment
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Wz6ATea

Comments