Absolutely fucked up my pan sauce. How do i prevent my garlic from burning when making steak?

I attempted to make a pan sauce for my rump steak. Used Stainless steel for the first time for that. I completely fucked up the sauce. There was too much burnt flavour in it. I ate the steak, and tried my last bite with the sauce, An hour past and I can still taste the acidic charcoal on my tongue lol.

I let the skillet get hot piping hot like I do with cast iron, put some neutral sunflower oil, threw the steak in (after seasoning with salt+pepper) started forming a good crust pretty quickly, thought I wouldn't have time to baste, so I threw in the garlic gloves, well they got burnt pretty quickly.

Was done cooking that .33lb rump steak pretty quickly (2min total). It tasted fantastic.

But when I threw in onions and later liquid to deglaze the pan pfff it was just all charcoal juice.

\\

submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/D2LB06Y

Comments