Where to learn

Hello,

Looking for some advice on how to improve at home cooking. I’ve gotten to a point where I don’t find too much value in going out for dinner as I don’t find my local restaurants make much better food than I can at home, if at all. Unless I drive over an hour to the nearest large city with more restaurant options.

I’ve learned by trying/altering recipes from google and watching YouTube. I feel like I’m stuck and don’t know what I should be learning or experimenting with. I’ve tried adding a lot more salt and experimenting with adding different acids to food. Some success but I still don’t feel like I have that wow factor from a good restaurant.

I make homemade pasta, sauces, dry brine meats, have an egg smoker/grill. Just kind of stuck as to how to improve more without being able to go to school or shadow an actual chef for a while.

I know quality ingredients matter and I have access to fresh local produce and butchers. Just need to learn how to be creative. I keep making the same dishes over and over it seems.

submitted by /u/Redwings1990
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2Ahc0mQ

Comments