What Food and Cookware to Pack for 4 Week Work Trips?

I’m going to be traveling for work over the next few months and I’ll be in a random furnished apartment (think AirBnb) for about 4 weeks at a time. I’ll be driving from my hometown to each place, and I’ll return home for at least a few days between each trip.

I’ve done this a couple of times before but it’s always frustrating. Every apartment has a mix of good/bad cookware, random assorted spices and staples, maybe some appliances, etc. 4 weeks is a long time, and I often end up with a bunch of leftover groceries I have to lug home in a cooler, or I realize I don’t have a whisk or other specific utensil. I’ve also made the mistake of overpacking and having a car full of cooking gadgets I probably didn’t need, and rushing around to pack the car the morning I leave is a drag.

Does anyone have tips on how to plan for my upcoming trips? What groceries make sense to bring from home rather than re-purchasing? How can I save space so packing isn’t a chore? Should I invest in a set of camping cookware or something similar?

submitted by /u/ThomasFoolery333
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Facp4vO

Comments