Using metal utensils in my wok is creating "dings/dents" and tiny pock marks (images included). Is it normal?

I have a seasoned wok that I started using with a nice outdoor burner recently. I see chefs using metal wok ladles all the time. However, when I use one with mine, there are dings and pock marks that started showing up (some even showing up as pale and silvery as if they beat through the seasoning down to the bare metal or something).

It's making me concerned that I'm roughing up the wok surface, encouraging food to stick. Is this a normal occurrence?

Here are a few close ups to show the nature of the dings and "chips". They are tiny, but definitely have "depth" to them.

I always heard you basically can't ruin a wok. Did I manage to do the impossible and ruin mine? Do I need a new one? Just a reason? Or is nothing wrong at all? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/vines_design
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/je5TFu1

Comments