How do you thin tzatziki sauce and make it taste richer/creamier

Whenever I buy tzatziki in the store, it's in a container and it's pretty thick. Also, it has a strong Greek yogurt taste.

I went out to dinner last night and got a shawarma plate. The employee asked if I wanted some tzatziki and I said sure. He gets out a squeeze bottle and squeezes the sauce over my chicken. Not only was it MUCH thinner than the store-bought stuff (it was like the consistency of ketchup), but it had a really nice "rich and creamy" taste to it.

Does anyone know the difference between the two and how I can make the restaurant one?

I'd really like to make it next time I make souvlaki at home. I've searched online and I can't find anything besides the traditional thicker one. I'm wondering if I buy the traditional sauce and then add something(s) to it maybe?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/TheJasonJBailey
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/oFGnuhv

Comments