How do I correctly use a meat thermometer to take temperature measurements when frying?

I keep hearing that you are supposed to measure the temperature of the middle of the meat to determine its doneness. This doesn't make sense to me, it seems obvious that the colder parts of the meat will be further away from the middle and towards the side which isn't touching the pan. To have it in the middle would mean flipping the meat very frequently, every few seconds. Let's say you want to take a steak off at 60⁰C internal temperature, if you don't flip it at all, the centre will be cooked nicely but one side will be under. If you flip it once or twice, the coldest part still won't be in the exact centre. Maybe I'm being dumb but this is really confusing and my question is how do I take the measurement correctly to find the internal temperature of my meat?

submitted by /u/sand_eater
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3GKvZlb

Comments