Should I go culinary arts?

Hi,I need some insights and opinions from people maybe in my case or that went to culinary schools or programs. I’m a 21yo international tudent at ccp, just to give you context as an international student I do not have the same opportunities as Americans so no I can’t just go in a restaurant and start working there and work my way up.I am only allowed to work on campus and about 20hours only. I did my first semester at ccp earlier this year,I was enrolled in the art and design program,but not by choice because I had to do so,I came in this country wanting to become an industrial designer so naturally that’s the major I was going for but unfortunately my college doesn’t offer this program and A&D was the closest one.after one semester I can tell that it’s absolutely not what I was looking for,I mean it fun but I don’t see myself getting any internship that will push me towards my goal being and industrial designer, we do a lot of painting drawing which is part of design but other than that I feel like it’s a major made for people that either want to be artists or art teachers. So I’m at the point where I’m supposed to enroll for my second semester and I thought to myself do I really wanna be an industrial designer tho?the answer is idk I really don’t know what I want to do in life but since having a talk with my mom she made me realize that industrial designer is not really a job that’s needed in Ivory Coast which is the country I come from, and one of my goals is to go back where I come from and have a life there, but people could care less about and industrial designer in ic. So thinking about other options on the school’s website i found culinary arts and I know is that cooking is one of my passions I used to cook a lot when I was younger but as I grew up I got into other things,food is money in my country people just love to eat and the biggest chefs are the one who studied overseas since these schools have more funds they provide better education. so I thought,why not,and then I might go on with my studies in France or England idk,I’m not the one paying for college my mom wants me to go on with my studies anyway.

I know it’s long and kinda random and weird but if you need any precision just ask a question I’ll answer.everybody’s opinion is welcomed

submitted by /u/Impressive-Noise-320
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Aumx1Vv

Comments