How to store my homemade broth

I’ve been trying to keep homemade broth available in the house. Recently, I made beef broth with a prime rib bone that had been frozen since Christmas, as well as some beef marrow bones. Roasted the bones for a few minutes and simmered the broth all day. Everything went well. However, I’m not sure if I am storing it properly. I originally let the broth cool, refrigerated overnight, skimmed the fat, and placed in mason jars (without reheating). The lids seemed to have made an airtight seal and have been refrigerated since July 17th. They “pop” when opened. So, will the unopened jars still be okay? I understand this can be a delicate process with the chance of bacteria if not careful. In the future, I plan to freeze the broth in bags instead. I’m just hoping I don’t need to pour out the jars that are left.

Tips for making homemade broth are also welcome! Thanks.

submitted by /u/CallMeMacaw
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/YzjvGIr

Comments