How long do items in a deep freezer stay good during a power outage?

I have a Crosley 17.3 cu ft upright freezer in my garage where i store mainly frozen meat that wont fit in my chest freezer inside. I have it set to - 6° and dont open it unless i need to. One of the outside outlets tripped the GFCI and i didn't know about it (kids don't tell you when stuff happens). The outlet the freezer uses is in that circut so it shut off.

If the freezer remained sealed for 2 days, what are the chances the food inside didn't go bad? There is hardly any blood or water that leaked to the bottom of the unit. I plugged it back in and everything is frozen again. Im not sure if i should just toss everything or if the product may be okay yet.

submitted by /u/prototype-proton
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/FOkqPLx

Comments