HELP I am trying to make puff pastry but it does not puff and separate into layers

I followed a YT recipe to make puff pastry. I wanted to start small so I made a smalller batch using 2/3 cups of flour and about 3 tbsp of butter.

I put a couple teaspoons of butter in the flour and then kneaded it normally. I also put a tiny bit of salt in the flour for taste. After forming and resting the dough for 20 minutes, I spread the dough into a square sheet, placed the butter at the centre and then folded it along thirds with the butter at the center.

I rolled the folded dough into a sheet and then refrigerated it for 30 minutes. Then I folded it in thirds again and rolled it out and then froze it again. I repeated the entire process 2 more times.

I don't have a proper oven so I am using an air fryer which can be used for baking apparently. I put my dough in the air fryer for 8 minutes at 200 C. However the results were not satisfactory and my dough end up getting crispy rather than flaky like it should have. Can anyone help me with this?

submitted by /u/the_first_men
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/e6Rkhvu

Comments