Cookies taste a little off but don't know why?

So I've been making these "keto" cookies but my boy won't eat them. And I do find they have a weird taste. But I'm a real luddite when it comes to food and taste so I've no idea how to improve them. You should know I am awful at taste, i can't tell if something is bitter, sour, mouldy, bland etc? (Which is a separate question I suppose can I get better at this?)

Anyway today's particular problem These cookies. 140g almond flour 45g oat 35g cocoa powder 1\2 tsp baking soda 1\4 tap salt 70g butter 1 egg 50g maple syrup 1tsp vanilla extract Divided into 2" discs -12min 175deg oven.

Why don't they taste amazing?

Sorry no idea how to post images?

submitted by /u/HelloW0rldBye
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/ZNuEqUl

Comments