Beef and Broccoli - Burning bottom of pan

Hi everyone,

I make a beef and broccoli dish where I marinate my sliced beef in water, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, etc. I let it sit for 30 mins in the marinade, then add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and add it to a hot stainless steel pan to fry for about 2 mins.

My problem is when frying the marinade forms this fond on the bottom of the pan which is impossible to scrape off unless I boil water in it and start scraping. This layer of fond forming means the beef doesn’t brown.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Is my pan not hot enough when adding the meat and marinade? I’m using a stainless steel sauté pan rather than a wok.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/ARedditK
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/PB216zH

Comments