Active dry yeast cinnamon rolls...recipe calls for 1/4 C warm water but the recipe is for instant yeast and I already need to activate the dry yeast

Hello, I'm making cinnamon rolls but my friend got active dry yeast instead of instant yeast when the recipe used instant. The recipe calls for 1/4 C warm water while mixing the dough, but I already need 1/4 C water to activate the dry yeast. Just wondering do if I should add another 1/4th C of warm water for both the dough and for the yeast, or is the warm water in the yeast enough? I was also going to add sugar to help activate the yeast but the recipe includes sugar in the dough as well. I looked up some active dry yeast recipes and they didn't specify whether the water should only be used for the yeast exclusively or both. What should I do?

submitted by /u/IndependentCandle347
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/uMBI6Jx

Comments