What went wrong with my tarta de queso?

Ever since visiting Donostia I've been craving a slice of La Viña's tarta de queso and so I decided to take a crack at it.

I've used the recipe in this link and I've done a few things different as I've read several of these recipes.

The ingredients are always the same (quantities included, eggs size M) but temperatures are not so I did 40 min at 200 °C and 25 at 180 °C to try and keep it moist in the center.

I've used a 26 cm diameter and 6,5 cm high springpan and what happened was a few pieces slid down the sides and after turning it off and opening the oven door (not all the way, just a bit) a massive crack appeared in the middle and it's not very jiggly (it's been an hour).

I don't know what I could have done differently except discarding some of the batter even if this recipe is for a 26 cm pan supposedly... Any tips?

submitted by /u/rd67ms
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/WZFgzT1

Comments