What things do most people buy at the store that are actually quite easy/cheaper to prepare fresh?

So tonight I was making tacos and realized I forgot to buy flour tortillas. (Corn ones aren't available in my country)

I have been intending to make more things from scratch and I was genuinely surprised by how quickly and easy they were to prepare and how much I preferred them fresh compared to heating the pre packaged types. While tortillas aren't expensive, these felt basically free to prepare.

What other things are surprisingly simple and/or always better fresh?

I'm not a beginner, but I'm still very amateur and far off having professional skills.

Also, what's not worth the hassle and generally better store bought?

submitted by /u/LDKCP
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/YvQus2X

Comments