My caramel tastes like Alpebliebe toffee, is this what caramel is supposed to taste like?

Hello . I’m one of the few people on this planet who don’t know genuine caramel taste. One of my first contacts with caramel was in the super adulterated Dairy Milk Caramello- caramel filled chocolate.

Since then I’ve dreamt of recreating it at home and especially so now as it’s unavailable everywhere. So the recipe I followed for my caramel was: About 100ml fresh cream 25% fat 1 and 1/4 cup sugar Pink of salt 1/4 cup water 1/2 tsp vanilla essence About 25-40gram butter

I don’t own a food scale so the butter was eye measured…

I poured the cream once I saw the amber colour and the butter.

Fast forward to tasting time,it tastes like alpenliebe toffee. Not like the caramel I enjoyed in dairy milk silk.

This is my first time making caramel and I have no idea how it’s supposed to taste like . Please guide me for google and YouTube are useless after so much research.

submitted by /u/Delicious_Theory_
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/qbYEert

Comments