My cake was Jell-o

So a while ago someone ordered a vanilla cake. I run a business and they were willing to pay, so I gathered all the ingredients and started to make the cake. I had made a cake before, so I knew how it was supposed to feel. It would've been my first layered cake, tho, and my first frosted cake.

The cake was a disaster! The frosting was so greasy and tasted like butter, even tho I put in a buttload of sugar. I wasn't really surprised by that, since it was my first time. But the thing that realy frustrated me was that the texture of the cake was like Jell-o! I had made a confetti cake before w/ six eggs, so I just used that recipe except I took out the sprinkles and replaced three eggs w/ egg whites. My vanilla cake had gone terribly wrong, when my confetti cake, which was the first cake I ever MADE, was better! I had also made a red velvet cake before this and the texture was AMAZING! So why did this one fail? I need ideas for the texture, because I was kinda expecting the frosting to fail. But I didn't expect the cake to turn out like Jell-o! Please help.

submitted by /u/Wholsomebakesplz
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/4h3icWm

Comments