Does the chocolate added in a savory stew (say Mole Nero) rely more on its sweetness or on the bitterness of the cocoa in order to enhance the flavor?

So I ended up with 20kg of cocoa powder and I am not entirely sure what to use it for. I am not big on deserts but I was thinking about making some home-made chocolate but I was also toying with the idea of adding it into more savory dishes such as meat or vegetable stews. I wrote this question with Mole Nero in mind. I was wondering whether one of the food scientists around here might be able to explain to me how chocolate enhances the flavors or if it's advisable to use it at all without turning my food into a disgusting failed experiment.

And if it is advisable, can I use a sweet home made chocolate or should I make a separate less sweetened batch?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/queenliz2fr
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/gpbVNca

Comments