Getting into mushrooms, supposedly boiling is one of the better methods to cook them, but is that also the case for dried mushrooms?

I can count the number of times I’ve had mushrooms (and only of the usual varieties) on one hand but I’ve been looking into cooking with them more. I’ve picked up on my mothers ick for them but now trying to convert myself and her. I’ve made a veggie-crimini risotto with homemade stock which won her over (it helps that they absorbed butter.)

I picked up a package of dried Shiitake from an Asian grocery store that I want to use in a stir fry with peppers, noodles, and a peanut sauce. I’ve been looking up on ways to cook them and found some sources suggest boiling until they turn tender, then sautéing them in the reduced liquid + oil/butter. I’ve seen this done with fresh mushrooms though. Does it make sense to do this still with rehydrated mushrooms? Would I just boil them with the rehydration liquid? TiA!

submitted by /u/ocdtransta
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/1LJtX67

Comments