Deep fried “gyoza”?

I have been buying pre-made pork/shiitake gyozas, they come refrigerated with the filling fully cooked already. I cook them more or less per the instructions, a bit of oil and water in the pan, covered, until the bottom is crisp and the rest is… gyoza-ish. Don’t pretend you don’t know what I mean. They are frankly great, the kids and I can destroy a pack of 36 and wonder if I should have made more. I don’t really NEED to mess with the formula here, but what the hell am I doing in the kitchen if I always follow the directions?

If I deep fry the whole dumpling, is it still a gyoza or do you call it something else? Also, any tips or tricks on how to make this operation successful?

submitted by /u/VaguePottery
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/oQpMx1Z

Comments