Beer cheese is delicious. How did I mess this up so badly?

I often make beer cheese with a sharp cheddar and a good IPA. Great poured over fries, even better sauteeing mushrooms into it and dumping that over fries too.

So the other day I got a can of creamed mushroom soup, the kind that needs 1:1 (1 can soup to 1 can water or milk), and instead used Nugget Nectar (IPA) as the liquid. I heated and tried it, and it was horrible. Like slap your face and insult your momma horrible. No fat, acid, or sugar could save it. It was really that bad.

How was this so bad? While creamed mushroom soup isn't anything special, it's a fairly inert base to work with and I can't imagine where this went wrong. The beer was good (had a sip before), the soup wasn't spoiled.. what happened?

submitted by /u/FiverrOnIt
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/0tgpn2O

Comments