Hot Cocoa - how to make it taste better than industrial hot chocolate?

  • 1 tbsp (Fry's) Cocoa Powder
  • 2 tsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp skim milk powder
  • 1 "smidgen" xantham gum

When I try to make hot cocoa, this is how I do it.

Due to health problems, it's easier for me to use skim milk powder as real milk spoils too fast.

The "smidgen" xantham gum is one of those novelty measuring spoons for a very small amount, and it makes the mouth feel very close to a full fat milk (but not the creamy taste, which is fine).

I'm in Canada, and I suspect the culprit may be that my cocoa powder isn't as delicious as it could be, and that's the problem.

I prefer hot cocoa just because it's more versatile for making other recipes that need cocoa.

As much as I love the idea of dropping $200 for a 10kg bag of a decent baking chocolate (callebaut), I don't have the discipline to not simply shift to a pure chocolate diet for 2 weeks until all the chocolate is eaten, so I can't go that route to pump up the hot cocoa quality.

submitted by /u/StoneTwin
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/s9SKNLG

Comments